Thursday, March 4, 2010

Some self-expressionism


Above, you see an image I took of my room, with various works of mine. Most of them you should be familiar with, [if you aren't, feel free to view the rest of my blog].
The image on the easel is a self-portrait I painted while listening to the album "Colors" by Between the Buried and Me. I gave myself a time limit, [the album length] and wanted to see what would come out of this experience.
Colors is an hour long album.

This was my first self-portrait I've painted since high school.
I don't really know what prompted me to do this, but I'm glad I did.
It helped me realize how much I have grown in the past few years.
I would first like to thank those of you who have helped me get to this point in my life.
I will never know how deep my love for art runs, but i plan to further investigate as I progress through life in this body.
I make art [music included] because of my limitless love for art.
I will continue to make art and music for the rest of my life.
I always hold a place in my heart for any and all words you may through my way.
Please understand, I mean absolutely no harm with any of my art or words.
I thank all of you who view my art, who support what I do, and who give it [and me] a chance.
I don't think I have to explain myself anymore.
You figure it out.

Until next time,
-Johnny.

No comments:

Post a Comment